Friday, March 6, 2009

Farewell PARTY FOR MARLIES…

Every start has an end, it’s the fiitest quotes that could picture the situation, On February 28th 2009 at Rima’s house(TM manager) there was farewell party for one of LC UD families from Belgium, Marelise Naeyart. The event started at 7 pm till 10pm. It was short but really made great memories. The farewell party was so special, why? Because there was delicious food that ready to be eaten. Belgium Spaghetti, sate madura, and bakso pak kumis were the menu. And the greatest thing was, it’s FREE!!! Hahahah… no wonder why so many Aiesec members and EPs very pleased to come, besides wanna say goodbye to Marelise.

Many interesting sessions were held on that event, such as “schulling games” where all EP’s who attended were divided into two groups and they competed each other to drink soda and when they finished they should put the glass above the heads and said “schull”) it was very fun and both groups tried their best to become the winner but in the end Karin’s group was the winner. After that, the sharing times started, Marelise was stood up in front of the people and shared “ guys,thk you so much for everything. It’s been almost 3 months,(started on December- February) I lived in Indonesia and helped out running PBOX ROAR 09, many experiences I’ve got for that time bitter sweet we felt together..and no doubt it was so useful and unforgettable for me!!” in my opinion Aiesec is a good organization!! I felt the experience when I got a chance to join Aiesec LC UD activities ,,especially PBOX and Aiesec National Conference 2” said marelise enthusiast. When someone asked her how about her impression about Indonesia , she directly answered “uhm ..i really confuse to answer the question HAHAHAHAHH! Indonesia is developing country which still have many problems in HIV/AIDS spread but many good things that I learned in Indonesia everything is cheap here, I love that..hahahah and the culture are great also all Indonesian people especially LC UD are so friendly, they always smile and help me out to fix my problems especially my sister RIMA who always cheers me up..when I’m down” thank you so much!!” “thanks because you’ve been nice to me as a host family sisJ!!”. What a touching moment!

And Rima shared too, she said thanks god she met marelise. It was so precious experience lived in her family. She’s like our family and I’m totally sad when she must leave Indonesia L.” Rima said. When the clock shown 10pm, it was the time for us to go home and say goodbye to marelise. But before that OCP PBOX ROAR , Rendi,gave handicraft to marelise like photos and of course we were taking pictures together . hehehe..we also wrote down our testimony for her and finally we were saying goodbye here..good bye marelise!! We hope you will come back to Semarang and thank you so much for helping Aiesec LC UD to run PBOX ROAR, give our warm regard to your family and friends!! Bye-bye!!

No comments: