Friday, March 6, 2009

SAYONARA KYLIE......

Monday, February 1st 2009 was the moment that we had to say good bye with kylie, exchange participant from New Zealand. Her farewell party was held in Age’s house, member of AIESEC Local Committee University of Diponegoro (LC UD) and also Kylie’s host family. It was raining hard, but the enthusiasm of aiesecers to follow this party were very high. Kylie was born in Japan, but now she is studying in Victoria University, New Zealand, that’s why she was marked as EP from New Zealand, not from Japan. Chie Kelly Onuma came to Indonesia to join HIV/AIDS project of Aiesec LC UD.

The farewell party was begun with dinner, after that kylie enjoyed playing uno card with the other. At 9.30 kylie gave her speech, “Thx to everyone who attend my farewell party, I’m so afraid coz as we know it was raining so I guest only few people will come, but I’m totally wrong…there are so many people in here. I’m so happy about that”, “ I got a new spirit and because in my university EP from outside is rare, so It’s a challenge for me to improve that part” said kylie with full smile. She thank Age and her family as her host family, she also asked LC UD members to go exchange to New Zealand. At the end of the farewell party, we took pictures and said goodbye to kylie. SAYONARA KYLIE!!!

Here’s an interview beetwen kylie and AY reporter (zia)

Zia : Hi kylie, it will be a short interview, do you mind?

Kylie : No problem..let’s start thenJ

Zia : How do u feel about this farewell party?

Kylie : just like I said in my speech..hehe it was a great night! Greater than I expected!! There were many people in here, they still came although in the raining..it’s so touching.. thx everyone

Zia : yeah..we are family rite?so It really doesn’t matter eventhough it’s raining. we want your farewell party great!hehe. next, what are the experiences & learnings tha you’ve got in Indonesia?

Kylie : I got many things..such as 1) I experience a lot of Indonesian’s cultures, like food, arts, and their custom. 2) I got so much learning about HIV/AIDS. Honestly, I didn’t know anything about it, hahaha, and the most exciting moment is when I had to interview the “sissy” with the NGO. At the first I was afraid, you know. But then, I realize that they’re just the same as ordinary people, and they’re so friendly 3)as a newie I got so much learnings. I understand more about AIESEC, like Aiesec values, envision, etc. 4) I also get a lot of friends like you guysJ

Zia : I’m glad to hear that..it’s a precious moment, rite! Kylie what are your next plans?

Kylie : I planned to go to Japan to meet my family, it’s almost one year I don’t see them, imagine how I miss them. But before that I want to visit Taiwan first for 2 weeks (secret missionJ), then I stay in Japan for 1 week then go back to new Zealand to continue my study,

Zia :Cool..it’s long journey and great vacation kylie….u told me that u are newie, rite? so what are your next plans in your LC?

Kylie : Yup..i’m newie. Honestly I thought I’m just wasting time when I joined Aiesec in Victoria University, but after I’m working with Aiesec LC UD, my view is totally changed! I got new sunshine and it was like people slapping on your face! I realized that Aiesec is a big organization and always give postive impact to their members. I want become VP ICX so badly.., because in my LC only have 20 members so I think it’s easy for me to grab that position (hahaha hopefully). Thk you so much LC UD..

Zia : Spirit..spirit..spirit..yee..spirit hehehe..Good luck kylie. Will u visit indonesia again?

Kylie : Off course..i love indonesia . I want to see guys again. maybe several years later u looks different and everyone has their business and I want see that..and i want we gather again (reunion)

Zia : And the last question. Do u have any messages for all member @ UD?

Kylie : Keep your good work guys..@ is really make u become a better person. And stay away from AIDS.hihi

Zia : I bet u will kylie..hehe. Kylie I thinks it’s the end of our interview. I hope you enjoy your trip. And don’t forget us..okey?

Kylie : yes..i definitely always remember u guys..can wait to visit Indonesia again. Just call me if one of u has planning to visit japan..i’ll become your tour guide haha.

Zia : Wonderful..we will. See u kylie.. (shake hands and take a picture)

No comments: